Group Curator Talks
We are able to offer private Curators Talks for visiting groups or as outreach. These are delivered by a representative of the Collections Team and provide a fantastic opportunity for your group to take a closer look at Tunbridge Wells heritage and art Collection. They offer behind-the-scenes insight and a variety of themes are available (please see below for current options). We kindly request a donation of £75 for the talk.
If you are interested and would like to book an official Curators Talk please email email@example.com
Curator Talks available (wider topics can be covered at request):
- The Royal in Tunbridge Wells
- The Camden Family and The Importance of Appearance in the Georgian World
- The Amelia Scott’s fashion collection
- The History of Tunbridge Ware
- What’s inside The Borough Archive?
- The Very First Museum Objects
- History of the War Memorial and Victoria Cross Winners of Tunbridge Wells
- Who was Amelia Scott?
- Behind the Scenes Look tour of the Collection
- Suffragettes/inspiring women of Tunbridge Wells
What is included in the talk?
- 1 hour talk by member of our Collections Team, including time for Q and A’s
- Unique opportunity to take a closer look at objects in our Collection
- Private room for the talk, max 30 people can attend
- 15 people can attend a behind-the-scenes tour and this will last for 1 hour 30
- Tea/coffee for all attending
- All areas are full accessible and hearing loops are available if required.
Group Walking Tours
Learn about the history of Royal Tunbridge Wells!
Our one-hour guided walking tours will take you through the Pantiles and the historic heart of the town.
You will discover its 400-year history and hear about the many famous visitors – from Queen Anne and Queen Victoria to Samuel Pepys – who made Tunbridge Wells the place in which to see and be seen!
The guides bring the stories and the history fully to life and are highly recommended.
All tours are conducted by a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide (Tourist Board accredited). Read a Guide’s blog ‘Tales from a Tunbridge Wells Blue Badge Guide’ to get an insider’s view!
Please note the tours are for groups or private tour bookings only. If you are an individual and do not want to book a private tour, we have a brilliant audio guide you can download and heritage trail leaflet available from the Amelia Scott.
If you would like to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take advantage of our free audio app ‘Tales of Tunbridge Wells’ which will give you a guided tour round 30 historic sites and sights of Royal Tunbridge Wells. Go at your own pace, pause and stop off for a break in a local hostelry when you like!
Even listen from the comfort of your own home! These audio postcards and picture galleries will give you a glimpse of this infamous and unique town. Follow the journey from the discovery of the Chalybeate Spring in 1606 to the flourishing, culturally rich town that exists today.
The contributors range from historians, local business owners, residents, landlords and reverends. Their anecdotes and facts provide a colourful and characterful insight into one of England’s first tourist destinations.
Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts all are welcome.
We offer workshops especially designed to help your groups achieve badges. Current sessions include the Book Lover Badge and Local History Badge. If you would like to book a session for either of these or would like to discuss a workshop to help your group achieve a different badge, please get in touch with the Learning Team Learningattheamelia@tunbridgewells.gov.uk
Sessions are charged at £37.50 for an hour, which includes a 30mins self-led gallery visit and a 30mins facilitated activity. Please note, an additional charge for out of hours sessions will apply.