The Summer Reading Challenge is ON. Ready, Set, Read!
Calling all bookworms and adventure seekers - the Summer Reading Challenge is back, and you guessed it, our theme is sports and games!
Get ready to immerse yourself in captivating tales, discover new worlds, and embark on a literary journey like no other.
Dive into a treasure trove of books, where every page holds a new adventure waiting to be explored. Whether you're a fan of mystery, fantasy, or heartwarming stories, our diverse collection will satisfy every craving for great literature.
Take part in your local library or online. Set a reading goal and log your books. You can join the Summer Reading Challenge at your local library and take part in person. Alternatively, children can take part in the Challenge online by signing up here. Please note, the in-person and online Challenges are separate. Physical incentives like medals and certificates are only available via the library, for those taking part in the in-person Challenge.
To take part through the library:
- Visit your local library and tell them your child would like to take part in the Summer Reading Challenge.
- The library will get you signed up and will give you a special collector folder.
- Your child will set a personal reading goal for the summer (we recommend six books).
- Your child can borrow and read books, e-Books and audiobooks of their choice. They can read anything they like: fiction, fact books, poetry, joke books, picture books and graphic novels all count towards completing the Challenge!
- Complimentary creative activities will be taking place accross the summer, please see Discovery Days on The Amelia Whats On.
- Your child will receive a certificate and medal for taking part, or for reaching their Challenge goal.
Sign up online here or pop in to sign up. Get ready to experience the magic of reading!